At Mines, we’re all about individuality, and we place a high value on out-of-the-box thinking. After all, that’s how we make scientific breakthroughs and develop game-changing ideas.
By providing support services and resources through the diversity, inclusion and access (DI&A) initiative, we aim to nurture this thinking and work towards a more inclusive and equitable campus environment for students, staff and faculty alike.
Please contact DI&A with any questions you have about Mines DI&A, what it means to you, your department or office and how you can be a part of making Mines an inspiring and inclusive place for every Oredigger.
Why DI&A at Mines?
We have experienced what research has proven. Diversity in groups and organizations results in:
- Richer learning experiences for students, faculty and staff
- Teams that are better at problem solving
- More innovation around complex problems
Enabling access to Mines creates diversity.
A culture of inclusion sustains diversity.
Phillips Scientific American (2014), Carrell et al (2010) The Quarterly Journal of Economics – TAMU ADVANCE, Mitchell (2017) The Columbia Spectator
- Attract, retain and graduate a thriving and diverse student body
- Attract, retain, develop and promote a thriving and diverse employee community
- Cultivate an inclusive campus culture that promotes and celebrates inclusion and achievement
- Inspire shared responsibility, participation and accountability for DI&A efforts across the Mines community
Ways Orediggers can engage with DI&A @ Mines
Foundation level content often provides an introductory understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Appropriate for those looking to build on their knowledge of diversity, equity and inclusion.
For those who are looking for ways to increase their expertise in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Incorporate DI&A best practices in grants and proposals
Include DI&A in performance management
Lead a K-12 outreach activity
Use the inclusive classroom checklist
Advise a student organization
Facilitate a workshop at the annual Celebration of DI&A